We are glad to announce the results of the Contests held in Nov 2012 (Announcement below).
The winners are -
1st prize – Home Coming – by Deepa Vaishnavi
2nd prize – Music Matters – by Pushpa Raghuram
The next best story - Celebrating Independence - by Usha Madhuranathan
1st prize – Path Breaker – by Ananya Sarkar
2nd prize – Too old to remember - by Chandni Singh
The next best poem- My Journey - by Anuradha
Congratulations to all the winners.
The first prize winning story Home Coming and the first prize winning poem Path Breaker will be published in the January issue. The second prize winning story and poem and the next best one will be published in the subsequent issues.
The prize winners are requested to submit their postal address by email before 15th of January 2013, to get your prizes.
Contests for Short Stories and Poems
We are happy to announce a writing contest for our valued readers. Here are more details:
Genres : Short Story, Poems
There is no specific theme that needs to be concentrated upon for this. You can write on the topic of your choice. Up to two entries per section would be accepted.
Short Stories Contest
1st Prize - Rs.1000/- (in books) , 2nd Prize - Rs.500/- (in books)
1st Prize - Rs.500/- (in books) , 2nd Prize - Rs.250/- (in books)
Contests starting date - 15th July 2012.Ending date - 15th November 2012 (Closed)
Results will be announced on the website in the last week of December 2012.
Terms and conditions:
1. Only original, unpublished work should be sent.
The entries for Short Stories should be marked on the subject as "SS Contest - Title of your Story - By ..your name ", and may please be sent to :firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to: email@example.com.
The entries for Poems should be marked on the subject as "Poem Contest - Title of your Poem - By ..your name" ,and may please be sent to :firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to : email@example.com.
2. Maximum words for Short Stories - 2000 words, and Poems should be between 150-200 words.
3. There is no entry fee.
4. Every submission should contain your full name, city, country, and email id on the top left corner of your entry.
5. The winners will be contacted for their postal address, to send the gifts.
6. Winners who do not respond to email contact, will still be announced as winners but will forfeit their prize if they do not claim it within 30 days of the results being published on the website.
7. The winning stories/poems will be featured in the ejournal of Jan. 2013.
8. From the remaining, the best 10 short stories/poems will be published in subsequent issues of the ejournal.
9. A hard copy of the books that would be given away as a prize can be sent only to India. Winners from outside India should provide an Indian address to send their books won through the contest, to their friends or relatives in India.
10. Contributions once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
Eligibility: Anyone above 16 years of age can participate.
Go on. Drench yourself in this wonderful world of writing. Looking forward to your entries!
From January 2012 IWW is an e-magazine. You can continue submitting your contributions, but you will not see them published immediately as usual. Instead, the contributions received in the respective columns till 25th of each month, will be reviewed by our Editorial Team, and the best will be featured in our next issue of e-journal, which will be available before 10th of the following month. The contributions received after 25th of the month, will be carried over to the next month. Last date to submit for the monthly ejournal - 25th.
Hope you will enjoy our new changes. If you have any comments regarding this change, please inform us through the contact page.