Interview with Author Kshama Rao
by Kshama Rao
1). Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
Hi, I am author Kshama Rao. I am an art lover. I have completed my post graduation in Science and passed out from Bengaluru University. I was in Africa for seven years in my childhood. Currently I am residing in Navi Mumbai. I have written three books “DIY Cosmetics and cleaners”, “Homemade facials, masques and beauty tips” and “Pregnancy guide”. All books are distributed world wide with many retailers. My book “Homemade facials, masques and beauty tips” is sold in world’s largest book store ‘Barnes and Noble’. I have received the writer award for “Reporther” newspaper.
2) How did you start writing?
I started writing articles online for a web and software development company.
3) What topic fascinates you the most? Which is your favourite book amongst your books?
I write on general topics. My favorite book which I have written is "DIY Cosmetics and Cleaners". Here I have explained how to prepare our own natural cosmetics in the comfort of our home.
4) What is the greatest joy of writing for you?
I keep myself busy writing. I learn and share my knowledge, when I write. I have a passion towards writing.
5) What are the upsides and downsides to being an author?
It is very gratifying when your book gets published and reaches many people. I can work whenever I want on topics I like and earn some money. Writers too have tough competition and that may be the downside.
6) Do you write everyday, five days a week or as and when?
I start writing, when I am tempted to write and keep on writing till I finish my target work.
7) Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Let my current work, be a suspense.
8) How do you come up with the title?
I choose a title with a distinctive voice and a consistent point of view.
9) Does writing energize or exhaust you?
Writing definitely energizes me.
10) What do you consider to be your weaknesses and strength?
I am a good and steady worker. My inner voice is my strength. My weakness is that I am little bit moody and feel uneasy sometimes. ***