by Jayasudha Bhaskaran
Laddu is one of the favourite sweets of almost all the sweet lovers. Here comes the recipe of the soft motichoor laddu which is easy to prepare.
Besan flour -1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
A pinch of baking soda
A pinch of salt
Cardamom powder-1/4 teaspoon
Water Method of preparation :
1) Mix besan flour, baking soda, food colour and salt well and then add nearly 1/2 cup of water.
2) Alter the quantity of water if required to prepare the batter of medium consistency which is neither thick nor loose.
3) Now heat oil in a pan or kadai and when the oil is moderately hot, place a slotted ladle above the oil and pour the batter through the ladle in such a way that the batter falls as circular balls into the oil below.
4) Now cook till it turns into soft balls and make sure that it does not turn crispy.
5) As soon as it turn soft, remove it from the oil using a strainer.
6) Prepare bhoondhis out of the whole batter in the same method.
7) Let the bhoondis cool for a while and then transfer it into a blender and crush it for few seconds till it breaks down into small pieces. Do not overblend it thereby making it a fine powder.
8) Now add sugar, cardamom powder, food colour and 1/2 cup of water in a pan and boil it to attain the sticky consistency or preferably single thread consistency.
9) As soon as it attains sticky consistency, add the crushed bhoondi into the prepared sugar syrup and mix it well till it attains a semi- liquid consistency. Now turn off the flame.
10) Add fried cashew nuts and raisins and mix it up well.
11) Let it cool down and then make it into balls of the size you wish.
The soft and yummy motichoor laddu is ready.Tips:
Mix water to the besan flour little by little and make sure that there are no lumps.
The batter should be a flowing batter which is neither too thick nor too loose.
Do not overfry the bhoondis or make it crisp for it may turn the laddu hard.
Make sure that the bhoondis are not powdered but just crush it into small pieces.
After adding the crushed bhoondis into the sugar syrup, do not off the flame and mix it well till it becomes a little thick but not very thick. It will naturally turn thick when cooled. ***