Palak Aloo Sabji
by Sreeparna Chakraborty
(Agartala, Tripura, India)
Spinach is a superfood. It is loaded with tons of nutrients in a low-calorie package. Dark, leafy greens like spinach are important for skin, hair, and bone health. They also provide protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals. ***
Spinach has been used by various cultures throughout history, notably in Mediterranean, Middle-Eastern, and South-East-Asian cuisines.
Spinach is a good food for your baby because it's packed with nutrients vital to healthy growth and development. It's a good source of vitamins A and K and provides folate, vitamin C, iron, calcium, zinc, fiber and magnesium. Iron and zinc, in particular, are important nutrients for a baby. Here is a recipe that the babies will also like the most.
Spinach Leaf: 250 gm
Potato: 2 nos
Green Chillies: 2 nos (whole)
Blackgram nuggets: 50 gm
Turmeric: 1/2 t. spoon
Salt: as per taste
Pachforan (Indian five spice mixture) : 1/4 Tbs
Cooking Oil : 1 Tbs (Mustard Oil)
Method of Preparation
1.Wash the spinach leaves properly and chop it roughly.
2. Cut Potatoes into long slices.
3. Heat the oil in a tawa, and add pachforan. Allow it to turn black.
5. Add potatoes to the oil and allow to turn golen brown.
6. Add spinach leaves and mix properly.
7. Add turmeric and salt and reduce the flame.Mix properly.
8. Cover it for 5 minute.
9. Remove the cover and serve the dish to plate.
These Palak aloo sabji is very delicious with rice, it is less spicy and can be easily taken by babies too.