by Uma Harish
(Portland, Oregon, USA)
Poha bhel is very easy to make, tasty and can be a very good snack or starter. Poha Bhel is heavenly with a cup of perfect strong coffee or tea or a cup of your favourite ice-cream or Kulfi......
Super thin poha - 1/2 Kg
4-5 TBS oil
Groundnuts/peanuts - handful to taste
green chillies - 4 - 6 finely chopped
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 or 2 spoons to taste
Red chilly powder - 1 spoon to taste
Cumin seeds or powder - 2 spoons
Sugar - 2 spoons
Raisins - handful
Onions - 1 finely chopped
Corriander leaves/cilanto- finely chopped
plain sev (homemade or Haldiram's plain Bhujiya) to garnish
Method of Preparation
1.In a thick pan(kadhai) dry roast super thin poha. When poha starts to curl transfer the poha into a bigger vessel so that its easier to mix all the ingredients.
2. In a pan pour oil, add turmeric powder, fry green chillies, peanuts and raisin and add this to the poha.
3. In a mixie pot add salt, red chilly powder, cumin seeds and sugar and powder all the ingredients. Add this powder to the poha.
4. Mix all the ingredients nicely in the vessel.
5. We can store this mixture for days.
6. Whenever required just take some in a bowl mix finely chopped onions, cilantro and top it with plain sev.
YUMMY POHA BHEL IS READY TO EAT!!!