Watch Your Weight-page2
by Eva Bell
Watch Your Weight - Page 1
Other Drastic Measures to reduce weight
• Wiring of jaws until weight reduction is achieved, so that only liquids can be consumed.
• Bariatric Surgery: Removing part of the stomach and intestine so that the quantity of food consumed is less and total calorie intake is reduced. This may cause severe vitamin and electrolyte imbalance.
• Anti-Binge nasal sprays which cut temptation to overeat or eat unhealthy foods. When people overeat or drink, the brain releases endorphins which produce a ‘rush’ or feeling of wellbeing. Dr. David Sinclair an American researcher says the spray blocks the effectiveness of endorphins and prevents the ‘rush’ feeling.
• Electrical stimuli of the deep nuclei in the brain which affect the behaviour of eating. Electrical wires are implanted in the brain and connected to pacemakers in the chest to control appetite. (Michael Oh and Donald Whiting of West Virginia Hospital.)
• Gene Therapy: Genes are injected into the brain to control feeding and weight gain (Mathew During, Ohio State University Medical Centre.)
• Drugs to suppress appetite.Eating a balanced diet in moderate amounts, enough to supply about 1300 calories per day is a good way to begin. Loss of weight must be gradual and at no time more than one kg per week, Regular Exercise and Good Posture, with shoulders erect and tummy drawn in are ways to make the scales tip in your favour. Return to Page 1- Watch Your Weight